The construction of St. Paul's began in 1856, based on a model brought by the Rt Rev'd John Medley, the First Bishop of Fredericton. Bishop Medley's interest in Gothic Revival architecture, recreating a medieval stone building in New Brunswick wood, and his desire to see the church maintain a visible presence in the midst of an evolving society, are well seen in the building and its location. The Sunday School building was built in 1879 and the Hall in 1963. A 1996 renovation project was able to connect all the buildings with a new entrance.
St. Paul’s Anglican Church is associated with over one hundred churches that Bishop Medley had been involved with either in construction or renovation. His interest in Gothic Revival architecture, recreating a medieval stone building in New Brunswick wood and his desire to see the church maintain a visible presence in the midst of an evolving society are well seen in the building and its location.
St. Paul’s Anglican Church is designated a Local Historic Place for its architecture and for its association with Bishop John Medley.
The earliest missionaries stationed in this area were the Rev'd John Eagleson, from 1767 to 1781, the Rev'd Edward C. Willoughby, from 1793 to 1794, and the Rev'd John Millidge, from 1795 to 1801.
1817 The Rev'd John Burnyeat
1820 The Rev'd Christopher Milner
1836 The Rev'd John Black
1847 The Rev'd T. N. DeWolfe
1860 The Rev'd G.G. Roberts
1873 The Rev'd D. Nickerson
1875 The Rev'd John D. H. Brown
1878 The Rev'd R. J. Uniacke
1879 The Rev'd C. P. Mulvaney
1880 The Rev'd C. F. Wiggins
1927 The Rev'd L. A. Foyster
1929 The Rev'd C. J. Markham
1932 The Rev'd A. R. Yeoman
1937 The Rev'd C. LeR. Mooers
1940 The Rev'd J. Robinson Belyea
1956 The Rev'd Donald .F. L. Trivett
1966 The Rev'd Matthew Graham
1972 The Rev'd George C. Lemmon
1984 The Rev'd Bruce Genge
1988 The Rev'd Richard L. McConnell
1996 The Rev'd Kevin M. Stockall
2014 The Rev'd Dr Ranall Ingalls